Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), you will lead REMERGE’s revenue generating strategies and activities, ensuring our long-term financial growth and sustainability.
REMERGE is a faith-based nonprofit organization founded in 1999. We help to build community across social divisions by providing coordinated programming through our brands and initiatives, and by facilitating stakeholder, artist and entrepreneur collaboration. We serve primarily in the Sweet Auburn neighborhood and the city of Atlanta.
Think and act strategically about sustainable growth –
- Work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and our Team to build and execute a multi-year, diversified revenue generating strategy that supports the priorities and programs across the organization, and enhances long-term sustainability.
- Participate in budgeting processes to ensure effective planning that reflects REMERGE’s strategic priorities.
- Measure, track and evaluate all revenue generating activities.
Build relationships and solicit funds from granting organizations and foundations –
- Research grants that match our organizational goals, and programmatic and initiative needs ensuring a regular pipeline of opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations and foundations we have received grants from or hope to in the future.
- Meeting deadlines and monthly targets, work with programmatic, executive and development teams to write, submit and track grants.
- Submit grant reports to granting organizations and foundations in a timely manner.
Build relationships and solicit funds from individuals and corporations –
- Identify, nurture and solicit Individuals and corporations that give or may give to REMERGE, its programs and initiatives using multiple channels from digital to in-person.
- Without disregarding low dollar donors, identify, nurture and solicit individuals who may contribute major gifts to REMERGE, its programs and initiatives.
- Plan and oversee events (including auctions) with the expressed purpose of raising funds and promoting the organization.
- Identify and solicit businesses that would sponsor events or programs with financial or in-kind gifts.
Communicate who we are and what we do –
- Build and execute a communications strategy with appropriate channels that will promote REMERGE and its brands while supporting the programs and initiatives that advance our mission.
- Help shape and express stories of our work, people and impact.
- Produce online & print materials where needed.
Participate on teams –
- Contribute on the Executive Team to advance the mission and promote the organization.
- Provide guidance to the Board of Directors on fundraising opportunities.
- Work with other staff, volunteers, members and partners to provide helpful insights.
- Build and manage a development team of volunteers and paid workers.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- A motivated leader with two to five years of non-profit development experience in Atlanta.
- Deeply knowledgeable and skilled at fundraising in general and grant-writing specifically.
- Experienced in the production of accurate, timely grant reports.
- Able to identify and employ appropriate technology across the responsibilities of the position.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator (in speaking, writing, and listening).
- Able to handle multiple projects, prioritize and delegate effectively, and meet deadlines.
- An optimist committed to finding solutions that make a positive impact.
- An absolute professional who leads by example, operates with the highest integrity, treats all people with dignity, celebrates other’s successes, and seeks and gives constructive feedback.
- Effective collaborating and building trust in multidisciplinary teams.
- A curious and quick learner always seeking to grow and ask questions.
- Passionate about building communities that welcome the most vulnerable.
What REMERGE offers you –
REMERGE is a unique organization and inspiring place to work. We are mission focused and committed to being who we say we are. Our culture is creative, entrepreneurial and caring. We ooze community and collaboration – we work together across traditional organizational silos, we insist on partnering with other organizations, and blur the boundaries between servers and the served. We work hard and smart but believe in a holistic approach to life that prioritizes play and rest. We encourage our team to bring their best selves to work and encourage independence in accomplishing responsibilities and goals.
The Development Manager works full-time and has a salary range of $50,000 to $60,000 based on their experience. Commission and bonus potential.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.