We’re a small, dedicated team and with multiple programs that operate with a good deal of autonomy. We are looking for someone engaging, responsive, and organized to coordinate both internal and external requests for use of our studio space, provide logistical support to our program teams, and coordinate internal and external communications. If you’re a good connector, a strong problem-solver (especially at preventing tension points), and interested in strengthening organizational culture – we’d love to chat!
- Managing requests for and use of the studio space to include:
- Developing and operating calendar system to secure space needs for REMERGE programming.
- Developing and maintaining a process for receiving, screening, and following up on external requests for use of the REMERGE space.
- Preparing clear guidance for any users of the space on layout options, supplies and materials available, technology usage, and clean-up responsibilities.
- Managing set-up / breakdown for different uses of the space.
- Supporting the communications needs of REMERGE to include:
- Collating, editing, and managing our bi-monthly newsletter
- Identifying relevant program content to share via social media
- Scheduling and overseeing social media engagement
- Performing administrative tasks to include:
- Monitoring the general information inbox
- Maintaining office supplies / office equipment
- Coordinating volunteer schedules for the Sweet Auburn Community Museum
- Fulfilling shipment requests for online purchase of Remerge materials / resources.
- Support management of daily operational activities, with potential to support special event needs and to grow in communications responsibilities.
- Greet visitors and guests to the space / provide guided tour as needed.
If you had been here last month, you might have:
- Developed an event layout to support vendors and volunteers for the Sweet Auburn Juneteenth Celebration! We needed to optimal flow and interaction for a pop-up gallery, an interactive museum piece, and a retail space.
- Been involved in onboarding our new Artists in Residence!
- Overseen the promotional calendar for the Sweet Auburn Juneteenth Celebration, the Artist in Residence opportunity, our Community of Reconcilers work and more!
- Taken requests for our space from rug organizers, political campaigns, couples looking for wedding venues, and educational programs.
- Done a lot of shopping for rugs, tents, office supplies, and food!
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a thoughtful problem-solver. Listens well, can identify potential pain points, and develops solutions to keep us on mission.
- Demonstrated storytelling ability! Able to draw out themes, identify and articulate key objectives, and connect with people.
- Organized and tactful in communications.
- Bonus: Able to develop promotional and informative content, define layouts, and brings some design skills.
Compensation commensurate with experience. No benefits.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com